Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fuel for a new year


Well it's a new a year and it's my goal to cook more than ever.  I currently use my wok at least 5 days a week and and my rice cooker about the same. Although I don't think I've cooked any rice in the last 100 hundred times I've used it 

The weather has been cold which drives me insane.  On the bright side cold pipes mean better tasting tap water.  I purchased 5lbs of Asian cucumbers for a $1 and have been really enjoying the crispness it adds.  I drink at least a gallon of tap water a day sometimes two if spend  a lot time in the sauna.  It is one of my news years resolutions to not drink any beverages from disposable plastic bottles ever again.


Garlic, onion, shiitake, zucunni, bean sprouts tofu, jalpeno, serano,  some cheap noodles and a bunch of hot sauce.  
I cooked the noodles in boiling water before adding them into the wok with other ingredients.  The consistancy almost turned to mush during the stir fry.  It didnt look pretty but tasted great. I felt like a pig eating his slop. Oink Oink my friends

Early lunch on a cold wet morning watching football
Because Miso soup is too boring : Water, Bean Paste, fresh onion, garlic, jalpeno, cilantro, bean sprouts, and shiitake mushrooms. Seasoned with sriracha, ghost pepper sauce and pepper. So hot it burns your eyes when you go to take a bite. Perfect for a rainy day with cold Sake Kampai.

Dinner that same day
  Steamed Bok Choy, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, served with Korean sweet potatoes, red lentils and bean sprouts.
I should eat a plate like this at least once a day.  

Pre maid Snack
Eggplant Purchased from the Korean market served cold with seasame oil garlic and chili powder washed down with some Cass

Breakfast :  My body was craving some protein.  
I grabbed a bag of frozen vegi's out of the fridge,added some mushrooms, extra, carrots, onions, garlic, bean sprouts, jalapeño and a package of firm tofu. Yes I also added a ton sauce to help wake me up
Avocado and mushroom sandwich
Toasted whole grain bread, 1 large avocado, baked shiitake mushrooms, onion, cilantro, mixed, organic baby greens, carrots, tomato and horseradish mustard.  Served with roasted garlic and jalapeños, a side of baked Korean  sweet potato chips dipped in habanero ketchup and few garlic stuffed olives.  Washed down with skunky beer.

Lunch yesterday was pretty good I'd rather of used raw bremi mushrooms but the shiitakes did the job

I just finished my starchy breakfast 
Red lentils, steamed sweet potato and carrots with some raw onion.


I got this cookbook for X-mas.  It's currently my bathroom read.  Maybe I'll get some ideas from it.  Really I don't like following recipes.  I'd rather just use fresh ingredients that I enjoy and cook my food until it's done.  I don't think I have ever used a timer on the oven nor am I overly concerned with temperature I bake at.  

No comments:

Post a Comment