Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Food from last week

Breakfast outside Crisp Vegis in the Crisp Air
Stir fried in wok with water and nothing else : zucchini, onion, carrots, asparagus, cilantro,squash,garlic, shiitake mushrooms.  A great way to start the day This giant serving of vegi's provided excellent fuel for nice 40 mile morning bike ride

Dinner in 15 minutes
It's very common for me to cook up Quinoa and steamed vegetables.  On this particular night I did not have the time for that.  Instead I whipped of some couscous with Shiitake mushrooms and cilantro topped with an avocado, Sriracha and ponzu sauce.  Served with raw yellow squash carrots and cucumber which I dipped in a mixture of ponzu sauce and wasabi.  The dinner was cooked, eaten and the dishes were cleaned all in under 15 minutes

Is it really Pizza
Cooked with Whole wheat dough,  a giant Porabello Mushroom, carrots, asparagus, about 10 cloves of garlic, onion, and a habanero.  Topped with a fresh Avocado and 3 types of hot sauce. 

Late night snack
Roasted Portabello and garlic with steamed zucchini carrots and squash spiced up a bit with some Sriracha


Breakfast
I'd had this Butternut Squash in my fridge for about 10 days,  It came in a local organic farm box I purchased.  I had never cooked a gourd like this before.  It was breakfast time and I needed some calories. I chopped in half, through it the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes and then went at it with a spoon.  The taste was pretty decent similar to a sweet potato or a yam, I got through about 90% of it before I had enough.  It was the only thing I had to eat and my taste buds could of really used a change of flavors.  I'm not going to be running off to the store to buy another one but if one comes a again in my farm box I'll be excited to eat it up

No comments:

Post a Comment