Monday, December 6, 2010

Pizza so nice I made it twice

My plan for dinner was pretty much the usual Whole wheat Pizza.  I had a bunch of vegis in my fridge that I was also thinking about stir-frying.  I stopped by Trader Joe's on my way from the gym to pick up some bread peanut butter, whole wheat dough and tempeh.  Some dude was telling me about there tempeh at the sauna and I thought it might make a nice pizza topping.  Trader Joe's was out of Whole wheat dough so I settled for Garlic Herb.
$1.69
Tempeh is precooked.  You can eat it straight from package it has nice taste (a little) a interesting texture.  

Garlic herb dough, Bourbon barbecue sauce, tempeh, cilantro, kale, romaine lettuce, and avocado
The pizza was pretty good but left room for improvement. I was only halfway through my glass/bottle of wine.
I still had 1/2 a package of dough left so I decided to make another one.  This time I put about twice as much sauce, I cut the tempeh thinner and I added the kale and romaine for the last 5 minutes of baking.  Sadly I didn't have anymore avocado's left
Yum


No comments:

Post a Comment