Monday, December 13, 2010

Spicy toast

My body requires a lot of calories to get me going.  Each morning I try to fuel up on anywhere between 1,000 to 2,000 calories for breakfast.  I try to have 3 or 4 different types of fruit.  The main food for I consume is toast, usually from some sort of spouted whole grain bread.  I go through about 3 loafs of bread a week and eat somewhere between 8 and 16 slices in the morning.  I switch off between toast with jelly or Cinnamon and sugar. 


For the past few weeks I have been using different varieties of hot pepper jelly.  They never quite live of the their name sake so I decided to step it up a bit but adding some Habanero hot sauce to the mix. I feel like a fool for not figuring this out before.  Hot sauce on toast has now become a permanent. addition to my breakfast.  On the far right of this pic you can also my Aero press which makes a better cup of coffee than any french press I have ever used and doesn't let any of the grains through the screen.
Bonus breakfast Stir fry.
about once a week I make a breakfast stir fry.  On this particular day I was cleaning out my fridge to make room for new produce I ended up throwing about 10 different in the wok.

That same day I finished different varieties of peanut butter over 1,000 calories worth right before my run.  When I got home I ate a ridiculous amount of pretzels with 7 types of mustard and beer of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment