Friday, June 10, 2011

The four basic food groups: Smoothie, Pizza and Guacamole

Recently the American govenment got rid of it's Food Pyramid.

I applaud the government for making steps in the right direction but they need to be more concerned with health than profits for the meat and dairy industries!
Fruits, alright so far so good.  Vegetables, right on.  Grains,  not bad but our bodies don't necessarily need them how bout complex carbohydrates instead.  Protein,  that wedge is way too big, the reason protein is big money and they have a lot of lobbiests.

Bonus Dairy section!  Are you kidding me?  Our bodies are not meant to metabolize cow lactation.  We need to stop letting the Diary industry market to the youth of country!!!!!  We might ad well have a Coca Cola section as well if were gonna allow dairy.  The FDA needs to be restructured to be conceren about our health and NOT be involved with the poffits of the food industry.

After taking a look at the federal guidelines I thought maybe I should take a look at my own diet.

I made a few changes.
1. Smoothie I drink them everyday
2. I make my own at least 4 days a week
3.Guacalmole really is a perfect food.
4. Libation's, you got to wash it all down with something
Bonus
Salt and vinegar chips, It's ridiculous that milk was on the original list.  This is equally as stupid but taste a lot better and has less chance of causing tumor growth.


I go through quite a bit of produce yesterday morning this is all I had sitting out the counter plus about twice as much as this in the firdge.  Time to hit up the farmer, the korean and the mexican market's for some produce

that's better
Avocado, watermelon, corn, aspargus, peppers (red yellow orange), lime, persian cumber,guava, cantaloupe, mango,squash, blurberry, garlic chive, heirloom carrot, brussell sprout, santa clause melon, and cactus tuna.

Smoothie time


I've only had a blender for less than 2 months now but every morning I like to give it a spin.
When it comes to a smoothie just about any fruit or vegetable will do.
Peach, strawberry, blueberry, brocolli, carrot, avocado chia seed, flax seed, and watermelon.
I totally forgot the bananna
Is it just me or does that big strawberry look like a toungue?
Delicious

Banana, apricot, strawberry, broccoli, mango, guava, carrot, watermelon,flax seed and chia
Surprisingly the Mexican variety of mango was much easier to peel
Fuel
Persian cucumber, peach, banana, broccoli, cherry, santa clause melon, carrot, watermelon, flax seed and chia
I ended up cutting off the sides of the cherries for the smoothie. Pitting them is a pain in the ass. I ate the rest of the flesh off the seeds while the smoothie was blending.
Drink me!

Guacamole

mMy secret recipe called chop everything you got and mix it together: Family grown avocado (thanks cousin Jill) organic grape tomato, radish, carrot, onion, 5 cloves of garlic, and jalapeno mixed with Sontava's Habanero, Trappey's Chipotle and Melinda's Ghost peeper sauce

Of course I washed it down with an Arrogant bastard.
P.S. Guac looks so much better before it is mixed.
Onion, radish, grape tomato, yellow/red/orange pepper, heirloom carrot, garlic, lime, and avocado with habanero, chipotle and ghost pepper sauce
Honestly I could eat this everyday for the rest of my life and still want to lick the bowl clean

Yep there's Avocado underneath. Ingredients include: green, red, yellow, and orange peppers, garlic and garlic chives, grape tomato, crimini mushroom, raw sweet corn, Jalapeno, and carrots. Topped with habanero chipotle and ghost pepper sauce. In my haste I forgot to add onion and radish but will in my next batch.


Raw corn and mushroom Get me approval
I think I ate about 100 chips just like this

Pizza 
The more ingredients that come from my garden the better
Fresh radish
Rosemary
Basil
My jalapeno's and habanero's are way to small
I've got about ten varieties of tomato's growing however this is the only one that has started to fruit
Strawberry haven't put them on a pizza yet.  Hmm maybe tonight
 A little lemon juice in the crust perhaps?


My new favorite dough purchased at Sprouts
vine ripened tomato,roma tomato, radish, onion, carrot, garlic, garlic chive, broccoli, jalapeno, rosemary and avocado
vine ripened tomato,roma tomato, radish, onion, carrot, garlic, garlic chive, broccoli, flax seed, ginger, barbecue sauce, crimini mushroom, jalepeno,rosemary and avocado
Yum
Vine ripened tomato, roma tomato, garlic, spinach, onion, radish, carrot, red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper, broccoli, mushroom, spinach, asparagus and avocado.

Libations

My sponsor
Stone Ale
Sake
Campari

Twist off wine 
and
Of course Bourbon

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you frustrations against lobbiests contributing to the big protein category, but I personally see that issue as just an big if not more so in the grains category. While not being vegan, I see grains as the bigger threat to our health with obesity and diabetes. Overall I agree that our society needs a bigger focus on health and I commend you in bringing up the topic in a highly entertaining manner. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spelling mistakes are atrocious. While they don't take away much from your blog, could you make an effort to write more grammatically correct sentences and spell better?

    Respek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep the spelling mistakes to keep pretentious people away, but it doesn't always work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, thanks, just what I was looking for

    ReplyDelete