Monday, May 30, 2011

200 Vegan Pizza's a Year. Pizza the New Super Food.



I cook my own Pizza on average about 4 times a week.  This equates to over 200 pizza's a year. Which does not include all the pizza I eat when I am not at home.  I am about six feet tall and weigh around 145lbs.  I get excited about every pie I create and will never get sick of this wonderful food. I eat a vegan diet which means you will never find any animals products in the food I eat.  Pizza is good for my health.




1.  a pizza needs avocado more than it needs cheese


2.  Tomatoes do not need to be  made into sauce

3,  Any type of tomato will work

4.  Carrots are awesome on pizza and add great color just make sure and slice them thin.


5.  Limit yourself to just i habanero per pie unless you have conditioned your for the extra heat

6.  Pizza goes great with both beer and red wine  I like to drink both at the same time, (from my beer helmet) j/k


7.  Flax seeds sprinkled on the top add a little protein and texture, they have been on my last 20 pies


8. Pizza can be served at breakfast, lunch and dinner.


9.  Garlic loses it potency when you cook it but makes he house smell real good.  I like to cook my pizza with a few cloves and then add a bunch more after baking.


10.  Barbacue sauce taste awesome on pizza.  I like to add it last so that its more likely to carmalize.

11.  Garlic chives and onion chives should always be added after cooking.


12.  Asparagus and broccoli both make great toppings.

13.  Pizza crust does not need yeast.

14.  fresh bean sprouts are great thing to top your pizza with after cooking.

(banana, jalapeno, PB& jelly)
15.  Peanut butter and jelly pizza's are tough to finish.

16.  The stems of leafy green vegitables (the part you may throw away) are great to cook on your pizza.


17.  Experiment with different hot sauces.  It's perfectly acceptable to use more than one hot sauce on a pie.  I usually have one habanero varity one chipotle, one ceyanne and one jalaepeno at my disposal  (I have about 20 bottles of hot sauce in the pantry)

18.  When I buy premade dough its always enough for 2 thin 14 inch thin crust pizzas.

19.  Buy a pizza stone!

20.  I like to put a layer of olive oil of my pizza stone and roll my dough out directly on top of it.


21.  To keep the dough from retracting back in I roll it over the edge of the stone.  Dribble a little bit of barbecue sauce on the rim before rolling the crust back on top of the pie to add a little surprise. 


22. Pepperoni is overrated.


23.  I will never stop loving Pizza.


24. Pizza is in tthe mind of the beholder and not confined to cheese crusts and sauce.


25. Cook stem not leaves

26. Place dryer vegi's on first then add moister vegi's such as tomatoes 


27.  I never have any leftovers


28. Always try new ingredients.

29. Make your pizza as colorful as possible.

30. Seeds are good.


31. Salsa?  yes please


32. Corn, beans and rice? Sure why not.


33. I cook with temps ranging from 375 to 450 Fahrenheit.   

34. I do not use a timer.  The pizza will tell me when it's done.

35. My favorite toppings are the ones I grow in my garden.

36.  It's okay to have 2 pizza's for dinner and maybe a third for desert
:)



This list will continue to grow, but for now I got a pizza to cook.

Last night's dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment